The Church of St. Michael and All Angels was originally planned to serve a new area
 of Baltimore just beyond the city limits - later annexed by the city - populated mainly by socially prominent families. The Articles of Incorporation were filed on October 11, 1876 and a small wooden chapel, thirty feet by sixty feet, was built.

From this humble beginning, there eventually evolved the splendid and dignified Romanesque edifice in which we worship today. On St. Michael and All Angels Day, September 29, 1877, ground was broken and the cornerstone laid to begin the first phase of a permanent building. This consisted of the transepts of the church.

The first service was held there on March 3, 1880. The nave was completed in 1890. The parish house was added in 1893 and a portico was constructed to join the two. The church was consecrated September 29, 1913 on St. Michael and All Angels Day.

Many of the furnishings of the church were gifts from generous parishioners given to the Glory of God in memory of their loved ones. Among these gifts are the magnificent stained-glass windows- all of which are based on Holy Scripture to convey some significant events to worshippers. For example, our 'Te Deum' window shows the evolution and history of the Church from the Old Testament prophets down through the ages.

In 1961, our beloved church was ravaged by a devastating fire, but our precious and
irreplaceable treasures - the windows, the altar, and other appurtenances - were spared. The building was restored and made more beautiful than ever with air-conditioning and other modern improvements added in the process. The beautiful interior of our church continues to create a reverent atmosphere for meditation and for worship.